Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What's that?

So I'm on my way to collect this piece of paper. A piece of paper which quite literally states that I am above average. Braving extreme laziness, a cold bath, cold rain, crowds and that constant hunger I make my way halfway across town for it. Yes! Yes! Give it to me! 

In my head it just isn't a paper. Its more than that. Not emotionally but physically. I had imagined a rich cream colored card, sort of glossy with my name written in calligraphy and one which smelled faintly of roses. Okay, may be not the roses part, but still, it was grand.

It wasn't. After making me wait a while, I was handed a sad white piece of paper which said so you think you are smart? There's more. It had this incy wincy oil stain at the bottom. What's that? I asked her. It was a weird looking translucent thing, kind of circular. And she didn't even answer.

Okay. Its happened before. I can live with that. I'll survive. So I took a moment to feel sad about what had happened to me and moved on with my life. Am I inspirational or what! 

No comments:

Post a Comment