Sunday, June 2, 2013

Awesome Coconut

I'm Indian. And we drink coconut water. Often. It's cool to drink the water inside of a coconut. I know that sounds weird but it's still cool.

So yes, I'd like to tell everyone who bothers to read this about my favorite coconut water drink. It was awesome.

I was 14 years old then. On a hot night, at Havelock Island, with a big brown coconut cradled in my arms, it all happened. Such a giving coconut. Its water just wouldn't get over. It felt like infinity. And it was for like five bucks. 5 INR !

It was my favorite drink because unlike every other coconut drink which gets over in 2 seconds and leaves you feeling sad and incomplete this one just went on and on and left me feeling like I really needed to go to the loo.

Why can't all coconuts be so nice! I know you're out there somewhere as compost or in a coir mattress or something, but I still remember you 'Awesome Coconut' and I miss you ever so much.   

No comments:

Post a Comment