Saturday, September 28, 2013

The girl with the red bow



Once upon a time, there was a very pretty girl. Like really really pretty. Look how pretty she is!


And she had just 3 strands of hair on her head. Lovely, luscious, silky and smooth and as black as ebony.Look, look! Aren't you jealous?

One fine day she had to go to a party.  And she wanted to look extra pretty at the party. So she asked her elder sister to do her hair.

Elder sister: What would you like?
Pretty girl: I'd like you to braid them.
Elder sister: Okay.

However one strand broke while braiding her hair.

Elder sister: I'm sorry. One strand broke. Now you are left with only 2 strands of hair. What would you like?
Pretty girl: It's okay. I'd like you to tie them in a bun.
Elder sister: Okay.

However another strand broke while doing that.

Elder sister: I'm sorry. One strand broke. Now you are left with only 1 strand of hair. What would you like?
Pretty girl: It's okay. I'll just put my red bow on it.
Elder sister: Okay.

And that's what she did. And she put on a red dress and red stilettos too. What a sight she was! Look, look!

2 comments:

  1. Do you know that this could be a beautiful picture book story for very small children if more illustrations are added? I loved the attitude of the little girl. Beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I should probably think of some more.

    ReplyDelete